Symposium: Insurance Regulation and Supervision around the World
The University of Amsterdam (UvA), the Amsterdam Center for Insurance Studies (ACIS) and the Amsterdam Center of Excellence in Risk and Macro Finance (ACRM), in collaboration with the Dutch Association of Insurers, organise the mini symposium ‘Insurance Regulation and Supervision around the World’ at the Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam on 9 December.
The main theme of this symposium is the international convergence (and divergence) of insurance regulation and supervision around the world and the implications for internationally operating insurance companies. The symposium addresses the future global architecture of risk-oriented insurance regulation and supervision, provides a comparison between European Solvency II and its Chinese counterpart C-Ross, discusses the E.U.-U.S. Insurance Project, and analyses legal aspects of uniform European insurance regulation and supervision.
Presentations given at the conference in December 2016 can be viewed at the download links below.
- 13:00 Welcome
- 13:30 Opening by Prof. Han van Dissel, Dean of UvA Economics and Business, University of Amsterdam
- 13:40 Introduction by moderator Prof. dr. Roger Laeven, Chair of Risk and Insurance, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Amsterdam
- 13:45 Dr. Anastasia Kartasheva, Economic Advisor, International Association of Insurance Supervisors c/o Bank for International Settlements
- 14:30 Yinhua Cao BSc, CFO, VIVAT
- 15:15 Break
- 15:45 Mark Kruidhof MSc, HoD Supervision Policy Insurers, Dutch Central Bank
- 16:30 Prof. dr. Jac Rinkes, European Insurance Law, Faculty of Law, University of Amsterdam, University of Maastricht and Open University
- 17:15 – 18.00 Drinks / Reception
Royal Tropical Institute / Koninklijk Instituut voor de Tropen
Mauritskade 63, 1092 AD Amsterdam, +31 (0) 20 568 8504
Kleine Zaal (Note: Linneausstraat entrance)